All of the playoff intrigue is in the NFC as the NFL heads into the finals week of the regular season.
While most of the NFL playoff picture is set heading into Week 17, there are still some loose ends that will be tied up heading into the final week of the regular season. The AFC field is set, with only seeding to be determined at the top, while the NFC will need another week to figure out the final two teams that will be joining the party.
1. Houston Texans (12-3) -- Clinch No. 1 seed with victory over Indianapolis (Week 3 win over Denver)
2. Denver Broncos (12-3) -- Clinch No. 2 seed with victory over Kansas City, clinch No. 1 seed with win AND Houston loss.
3. New England Patriots (11-4) -- Clinch No. 1 seed with victory over Miami AND Denver loss AND Houston loss (wins over both Houston and Denver this season). Clinch No. 3 seed with win over Miami.
4. Baltimore Ravens (10-5) -- Clinch No. 3 seed with victory over Cincinnati (Week 3 win over New England).
5. Indianapolis Colts (10-5) -- Locked into No. 5 seed.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (9-6) -- Locked into No. 6 seed.
1. Atlanta Falcons (13-2) -- Clinched No. 1 seed.
2. Green Bay Packers (11-4) -- Cinch No. 2 seed with a win over Minnesota or a San Francisco loss to Arizona.
3. San Francisco 49ers (10-4-1) -- Clinch NFC West and No. 3 seed with a win over Arizona. Clinch No. 2 seed with a win over Arizona AND a Green Bay loss (Week 1 win over Green Bay).
5. Seattle Seahawks (10-5) -- Clinched playoff berth and at least No. 5 seed. Can clinch NFC West and No. 3 seed with a win over St. Louis AND a San Francisco loss to Arizona.
6. Minnesota Vikings (9-6) -- Clinch playoff berth with win over Green Bay. Can still clinch playoff berth with loss AND a Chicago loss AND a Dallas loss AND a New York Giants loss.
Chicago Bears (9-6) -- Clinch playoff berth with a win over Detroit AND a Minnesota loss to Green Bay.
Dallas Cowboys (8-7) -- Clinch NFC East and playoff berth with a win over Washington.
New York Giants (8-7) -- Clinch playoff berth with a win over Philadelphia AND a Minnesota loss AND a Chicago loss AND a Dallas loss.