On Monday night, the Cleveland Indians (18-16) will look to get back to their winning ways as they travel to Target Field to take on their Central Division rivals, the Minnesota Twins (10-24). The game will be an instance of first versus worst as the division leading Indians take on the cellar dwelling Twins.
Despite being in first place, Cleveland has struggling of late and will be entering the game on the back of a series sweep at the hand's of the Boston Red Sox. The Indians are 1-5 in their last six games.
Here are the projected starting lineups for Monday:
1. Shin-Soo Choo, Right Field
2. Jason Kipnis, Second Base
3. Asdrubal Cabrera, Short Stop
4. Travis Hafner, Designated Hitter
5. Carlos Santana, Catcher
6. Michael Brantley, Center Field
7. Jose Lopez, Third Base
8. Casey Kotchman, First Base
9. Shelley Duncan, Left Field
Starting Pitcher: Jeanmar Gomez; 2-2, 4.66 ERA
1. Denard Span, Center Field
2. Brian Dozier, Short Stop
3. Joe Mauer, First Base
4. Josh Willingham, Left Field
5. Ryan Doumit, Designated Hitter
6. Trevor Plouffe, Third Base
7. Darin Mastroianni, Right Field
8. Drew Butera, Catcher
9. Jamey Carroll, Second Base
Starting Pitcher: Carl Pavano; 2-3, 5.02 ERA
For more on the Cleveland Indians, head over to Let's Go Tribe. For more on theMinnesota Twins, check out Twinkie Town. For more news and analysis on Major League Baseball, head over to Baseball Nation.