A quick look at the latest NFL Playoff scenarios as we head into Week 17. It is pretty simple in the AFC, as these 5 teams are in:
1. New England Patriots - #1 Seed, home-field throughout playoffs.
3. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens can sneak in to the #2 seed with a win and a Steelers loss
4. Kansas City Chiefs - The Chiefs are in and are locked into the #3 seed.
5. New York Jets - The Jets are in as well.
The 6th spot in the AFC is still up for grabs. If the Indianapolis Colts win, they are in. If they lose, and Jacksonville wins, the Jaguars will take the final spot. Indy hosts Tennessee on Sunday while the Jags head to Houston to face the Texans.
It isn't nearly as clean cut in the NFC. Here is who is in:
1. Atlanta Falcons - A win and the Falcons are the #1 seed. Lose on Sunday and it gets a bit more complicated.
2. Chicago Bears - The Bears are the NFC North champs and have clinched at least the #2 seed - and a first-round bye - no matter what they do on Sunday.
3. Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagles blew a golden opportunity on Tuesday night to get a week off. Now they will have to win 3 playoff games to get to the Super Bowl
4. New Orleans Saints - The Saints sent a message to everyone Monday night that they will be a factor in defending their Super Bowl title.
There are two spots still up for grabs in the NFC, including the NFC West Championship. Here are the teams still hoping to get in:
Green Bay Packers - If the Packers win, they are in. A loss and the Pack will need some help.
New York Giants - The Giants need to win and hope the Packers lose. A loss and the G-Men are done.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - First, Tampa has to win. Then, they need the Packers AND Giants to lose. Late-season home losses to Detroit will do that to you.
Enjoy Week 17 everyone!