Having spent more than a couple of years living in Tennessee -- dead in the heart of Vols' country and quite a way from Nashville, but even so, in an area that paid attention to the Titans when they weren't following the Falcons or the Panthers -- I thought it might be good to look at the preview for today's game from the perspective of 'The Tennessean' in Nashville.
Jim Wyatt, one of the paper's writers, gives a slight edge to the Browns (as do the odds-makers) and sees the biggest intangible as the home crowd at Cleveland Browns Stadium.
Wyatt compiles this look at some numbers for today:
- 100 Consecutive starts for Titans OT Michael Roos (with this game)
- 4-1 Titans’ record in last five games at Cleveland
- 21 Career 300-yard passing games for Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck
- 136 Rushing yards for Titans RB Chris Johnson in his only game vs. Browns (2008)
- 17.8 Titans WR Nate Washington’s career average per catch vs. Browns
- 9 Touchdowns for Browns RB Peyton Hillis in nine home games
- 10 Yards Browns TE Ben Watson to reach 3,000 for his career
- 11 Sacks for Browns defense this season (leads AFC)
- 6 Tackles Titans LB Will Witherspoon needs to reach 1,000 for his career
Two of three writers take the Titans to win today, one by a score of 24-17, and another by a score of 20-16, while John Glennon picks the Browns to prevail 17-13.
Hope you're right John!
The website is worth a look, and I am inclined from this point forward to give you a link to the "enemy camp's" preview every week, so we can all step outside the bubble of Browns' fandom to see how others truly see the games to come.