Apr 23, 2012; Memphis, TN, USA; Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving (2) dribbles the ball up the court during the first half against the Memphis Grizzlies at the FedEx Forum. Memphis Grizzlies defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 109-101. Mandatory Credit: Spruce Derden-US PRESSWIRE
The Cavaliers will be taking part in the NBA's summer league in Las Vegas, and they are one of 24 teams taking part in the event.
The 2012 NBA summer league in Las Vegas schedule was announced on Thursday by the league. The Cleveland Cavaliers are one of 24 teams participating in the event. This event will be a 60-game schedule running from July 13-22, and the event is being held at Thomas & Mack Center and the COX Pavilion which is on the UNLV campus.
This event will allow for the younger players on the Cavaliers team as well as recent draft picks and free agents who are looking to make the roster for next season. The Cavaliers will be taking part of this event with a five-game schedule.
Here is the Cavaliers summer league schedule, all times are Eastern:
• Sunday, July 15th: Cleveland vs. Charlotte, 7:30 p.m. (Thomas & Mack)
• Monday, July 16th: Cleveland vs. NBA D-League, 7:00 p.m. (COX Pavilion)
• Tuesday, July 17th: Cleveland vs. Phoenix, 7:30 PM (Thomas & Mack)
• Thursday, July 19th: Cleveland vs. Minnesota, 7:00 PM (COX Pavilion)
• Friday, July 20th: Cleveland vs. New York, 3:00 PM (COX Pavilion)
For more on the Cavaliers go visit Fear the Sword.