The Super Bowl is over and while pending labor issues are on everyone's mind, we know there will be a 2011 NFL Draft no matter what happens with any kind of lockout. That means the NFL Scouting Combine is just a few weeks away - and it means the NFL Mock Draft season is in full swing.
SBNation's Brian Galliford posted his weekly Mock Draft this morning, the first Post-Super Bowl Mock Draft of the year and like last week Brian as the Cleveland Browns taking a pass-rush specialist - Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers:
6. Cleveland Browns: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. One downside to Cleveland's moving to a 4-3 defense under Dick Jauron is that it may prevent the team from surrounding Colt McCoy with top-tier talent. Julio Jones would be a great pick here, but they simply couldn't pass on a potentially elite 4-3 end like Bowers.
The Browns need playmakers, but with A.J. Green already off the board in this Mock Draft, Bowers might be the best player available, someone the Browns might be inclined to take if their main target is gone instead of reaching for a position of need.
The five players picked ahead of Bowers are listed below:
1. Carolina Panthers: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
3. Buffalo Bills: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M