The Ohio State men's hockey team dropped to 13-14-7 overall on the season after losing two games this past weekend to Michigan. A 5-3 defeat started the series on Friday for the Buckeyes, and they followed that performance up with a 6-3 loss on Saturday evening.
Alex Guptill scored two goals for the Wolverines on Friday night. Ohio State attempted to even the score late, but an empty next goal with just under a minute left sealed the deal for Michigan.
Tanner Fritz chipped in with two goals for the Buckeyes in the second game of the series, but he couldn't get the job done on his own. Michigan scored six times on 30 shots on goal.
The Buckeyes received seven votes in the most recent USCHO.com poll, looking like they could crack the top 20 sometime on the horizon. Now, though, with two losses to the Wolverines, you can expect Ohio State to be left off this week's poll.
More from SB Nation:
• Daytona Nationwide race ends with scary wreck
• Full coverage of 2013 Daytona 500
• The List: 20 sentences guaranteed to start an Internet argument
• Full coverage of UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche
• NFL Combine: Fat linemen running the 40 will inspire you
• Stupid things said at the NFL Combine