"East is East and West is West and n'er the twain shall meet." Doubtful that Rudyard Kipling followed March Madness. The East and West regions will have some of their most promising teams compete in Dayton Arena as Indiana and Ohio State will each play their first game in the NCAA Tournament.
The Hoosiers will meet James Madison, while their conference-mate Buckeyes will play Iona. Also squaring off are Notre Dame and Iowa State, as well as Temple and North Carolina State. Cody Zeller and Jack Cooley look to build on their career-best seasons. Cooley -- a senior -- is playing his last season for the Irish.
Here's the full list of games being played in Dayton Friday:
- No. 8 North Carolina State vs. No. 9 Temple, 1:40 p.m. ET, TBS
- No. 1 Indiana vs. No. 16 James Madison, 4:10 p.m. ET, TBS
- No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 15 Iona, 7:15 p.m. ET, CBS
- No. 7 Notre Dame vs. No. 10 Iowa State, 9:45 p.m., CBS
For complete coverage of the NCAA Tournament, head over to our March Madness hub.
More in College Basketball:
• Friday’s March Madness TV guide
• March Madness: Thursday's scores, updates, GIFs and more
• Printable bracket for March Madness
• Chasing Cinderella: Iona's inspiring run
• An oral history of Bryce Drew's epic buzzer-beater
• Full coverage of March Madness