Ohio State's men's hockey team split its series with the No. 3 Miami Redhawks over the weekend, winning the first matchup 3-0 Friday and losing the second 4-2 on Saturday. The Buckeyes now sit at 14-15-7 overall on the season, while the Redhawks are 22-9-5 with postseason play set to begin soon.
A 4-0 lead for Miami was cut in half towards the end of Saturday night's contest, but it was too little, too late for Ohio State.
Miami has been ranked No. 3 in the nation for several weeks now, receiving two first-place votes in the most recent USCHO.com poll. The Redhawks will be the top seed for the CCHA Conference Tournament, with the Buckeyes currently ranked fourth in the conference.
No. 1 ranked Quinnipiac lost to Harvard on Friday night, but bounced back with a 4-1 win over Dartmouth the following evening. Second-ranked Minnesota split its series with Denver over the weekend.
More from SB Nation:
• UFC on Fuel TV results: Silva vs. Stann
• Anatomy of a terrible Les Miles rumor
• NFL Mock Draft: Post-Combine and trade edition
• The speed conspiracy: Comparing NFL and high school 40-yard dash times
• All in, at last: SB Nation inside Gus Malzahn's Auburn