Quarterbacks BRETT FAVRE of the Minnesota Vikings, ELI MANNING of the New York Giants and PHILIP RIVERS of the San Diego Chargers are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 7 - 8, while running backs ARIAN FOSTER of the Houston Texans, PEYTON HILLIS of the Cleveland Browns and MICHAEL TURNER of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com. New this year, fans will be able to keep tabs on the achievements of their favorite Air & Ground players (and others) with the NFL Milestone Tracker, presented by FedEx.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and safety signs to traffic barriers and educational training.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Minnesota Vikings QB BRETT FAVRE completed 36 of 47 passes for a career-high 446 yards with two touchdowns, including one with less than two minutes to go to tie the game and send it into overtime, and two interceptions in the Vikings' 27 - 24 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
- New York Giants QB ELI MANNING completed 21 of 32 passes for 290 yards and three touchdowns in the Giants' 41 - 7 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- San Diego Chargers QB PHILIP RIVERS completed 17 of 23 passes for 295 yards with four touchdowns and one interception in the Chargers' 29 - 23 win over the Houston Texans.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Houston Texans RB ARIAN FOSTER had 27 carries for 127 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans' 29 - 23 loss to the San Diego Chargers.
- Cleveland Browns RB PEYTON HILLIS rushed the Browns to a win with 29 carries for 184 yards and two touchdowns in Cleveland's 34 - 14 win over the New England Patriots.
- Atlanta Falcons RB MICHAEL TURNER rushed 24 times for 107 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons' 27-21 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Fan can begin voting now for their winners.