SB Nation's Chris Dobbertean has evaluated the resumes of all of college basketball now that we have reached the rough halfway point of the season and his first Bracketology column is out. In it, several teams with Ohio ties have passed his mettle and are included in his NCAA field:
- The Ohio St. Buckeyes have the highest seed for a team from Ohio, claiming the No. 2 seed in the Midwest region against Oral Roberts of the Summit League. They were sent to Louisville, however, as they cannot play in Columbus as a host in the first two rounds.
- The Dayton Flyers would also be in Louisville in this initial bracket as the No. 8 seed against St. Mary's
- The Xavier Musketeers are still in the field despite their recent free fall. Dobbertean has them as the No. 10 seed in Louisville against a scorching hot Murray State team.
- The Cleveland St. Vikings would claim the Horizon League's automatic bid in this scenario with a No. 11 seed against Mid-Major power Gonzaga in the West Region. they would, however, play close to home in Columbus, giving them a possible advantage over the Zags and Indiana in the next round.
- Finally, the Cincinnati Bearcats are in this field as a No. 10 seed in the West Region against Mississippi State.