After another dominant week in which the Ohio State Buckeyes earned convincing wins over Nebraska and Iowa, Jared Sullinger has been named the Big Ten's Player of the week according to an official release from the conference:
Player of the Week
Jared Sullinger, Ohio State
C/F - 6-9 - Columbus, Ohio - Northland
· Averaged a double-double in wins over Nebraska and Iowa, posting 23.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game
· Recorded 19 points and 12 rebounds in Ohio State's 71-40 win over Nebraska
· Poured in 28 points and added eight rebounds and four steals in the Buckeyes' 76-47 road win over Iowa
· Earns his fifth career Player of the Week award and first this season
· Last Ohio State Player of the Week: Deshaun Thomas (Dec. 19, 2011)
Sullinger was named Player of the Week four times last season, and this Saturday he will have a second show down with the reigning Freshman of the Week in Indiana's Cody Zeller.
For more on the Ohio State Buckeyes, check out Along The Olentangy. You can also head over to SB Nation's main NCAA Basketball hub at SBNation.com/NCAA-Basketball.